In case you need an decongestant, Vicks VapoRub is an aromatic ointment which will treat the cough and nostril congestion.
In case you use it topically on your chest you will provide better breathing. The ingredients which are in this products have great medical properties and the ingredients are: menthol, camphor and eucalyptus oil.
They were used for ages before and they maintain their usage,
In addition to this post we are going to present you the homemade Vicks VapoRub recipe, so you will be able to do it at your home.
- 20 drops Peppermint Oil (substitute 4 drops fir essential oil in the case of babies and small children)
- 20 drops of Eucalyptus Oil (use only 4 drops in the case of babies and young children)
- ½ cup olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil
- 2 level tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- 10 drops Rosemary Oil (omit for use on babies and small children)
- 10 drops cinnamon or clove oil (in the case of babies or small children, you can omit it)
Melt the beeswax with some oil until it is dissolved well. Add the essential oils, and mix well. Transfer it into an air-tight container with a lid.
Use this natural remedy to soothe a cough and relieve congestion. Note that essential oils should be avoided in the case of babies and infants, so you should dilute them before use, and use them in small amounts.
Also you can replace this oils with herbs, double boiler, over medium heat and mix a tablespoon of each of these for 2 hous and that is it.
In addition we are going to present you several benefits which you will gain in case you use this ingredient:
- Vick Vapo Rub treats minor chest and throat infections
You need to apply it topically on the chest and you will eliminate the common cold.
- Vick Vapo Rub relieves headache
You need to use it and apply on the forehead and massage, so you will eliminate the headaches, and it is very useful in eliminating the migraine.
- Vicks VapoRub eliminates warts
Menthol and thymol are very effective against wart. You just need to apply on the wart and cover with gauze and let it act couple of hours. You will repeat this until the wart is eliminated.
- Vicks VapoRub heals insect wounds
The itchy and scratchy bites of insects can be extremely unpleasant, and you can treat them with Vicks VapoRub. Wash the area with water and then smear it with Vicks VapoRub. The menthol will cool down the burning sensation in seconds.
- Vicks Vapo Rub treats muscle pain
This paste will help you to eliminate the pain which is in your muscles. You need to massage for 5-10 minutes, then put a cloth over it and keep it warm until the pain is over.
- Vicks Vapo Rub treats acne
This is one of the acne remedy. You can clean your face and treat swollen acne, You need to cover them with layer and leave to act 30 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water.
- Vicks Vapo Rub treats toenail fungus
This ointment contains thymol in the ointment, which is active in treating toenail fungal infection, as it has potent antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
According to a study published in the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine in 2011, this ointment can also treat the infection onychomycosis.
You should apply it on the affected toe, after being cleaned and dried, and cover it with gauze. Put on the socks afterward. The bacteria will be treated after a few times.
- Vicks VapoRub repels insects
In case you struggle with insects you need to apply Vicks to keep them at bay. Apply it on exposed skin area and don’t worry.
- Vicks vapo Rub vanishes stretch marks
It will lighten the ugly stretch marks and you need to massage it circular.
DO this twice a day.
- Treats cracked and racked heels
You need to soak the feet in warm water for 10 minutes and scrub the heels to eliminate the dead skin and wash them again, apply Vicks and massage.
- Can serve as a pet trainer
Cover the surfaces that your pet likes to scratch and unintentionally damage, and the door of menthol and eucalyptus will ‘freeze’ the pet the moment it tries to scratch.